Some of you who read humor sites like cracked.com (e.g. 16 Unseen Jobs That Must Exist in Movie Universes) or tech blogs like Mashable will also recognise the style.
7 Reasons Why List Posts Will Always Work explains further
"Any headline that lists a number of reasons, secrets, types, or ways will work because, once again, it makes a very specific promise of what’s in store for the reader. A nice quantifiable return on attention invested goes a long way toward prompting action, and as long as you deliver with quality content, you’ll have a satisfied reader.
Plus, these type of posts and articles are perfect for building your authority and demonstrating a mastery of your area of expertise. If you’re business blogging, that’s key."
Couple this with the fact that librarians like to create lists of resources and links, list blogs are pretty much a no brainer.
Some of the most popular list posts on this blog in the past includes
- 5 inspirational words of wisdom to librarians
- 8 Articles about the future of libraries that made me think
- 12 good library videos that spoofs movies or tv
- 12 User points of need - where to place your services online
- 5 library related tasks I hope Siri can do
- 8 different tools to add "flash" to your presentations
- 6 ways to use Web Scale Discovery tools without visiting library sites
- 4 Successful social media campaigns for and by libraries
- 10 Things most freshman don't know about the library until too late
- 5 biggest misconceptions you probably have about the library
- 6 things you should do when starting on your thesis
- 5 most unknown but useful library services you may not know about
- 5 ways to find more relevant articles using the one you have
- 8 things you didn't know the library or librarian could help you with
- 10 most popular books borrowed from the library that you probably didn't expect
- 6 ways to look for the statistic or data-set you need
- 5 things the new Discovery Service can do the catalogue can't
- 5 of the strangest things found in the library
- 8 things people were caught doing in the library you wouldn't believe
- 6 most loyal library users